Visualization of effects of prioritizing customers/jobs. Queue 1 gets priority over both Queue 2 & 3 while Queue 2 gets priority over Queue 3
Near the end of my PhD I started volunteering for RESAAS. They were interested in modelling the traffic on their website. So I developed some simulation software in C#. They were kind enough to let me publish parts of this program.
The main part of the software is a simulation program which compares a queueing system where customers are served on a First-Come-First-Served basis with a queueing system where some customers get priority over others. A detailed explanation for the program can be found here. The C# code is avaiable on GitHub.
Not so long ago I posted about making word clouds using R. Now I have improved the program a little bit and added some colours to the word clouds. The R code can be found at GitHub.
Word cloud for #bigdata
Wordcloud for #datascience
While working as a web analyst for Adversitement I developed some online dashboards to monitor the behaviour of web site visitors. These dashboards were created on a WAMP stack. I developed a prototype dashboard on a LAMP stack and published the code at GitHub. For more details follow the link.
During my time at the university I mostly worked with SAS. However, since then R has made a rapid development and I decided to learn R using the free e-book “An Introduction to Data Science” by Jeffrey Stanton. The power of R with all the available packages is amazing. Among others I learned how to extract tweets from Twitter with a given hashtag and make a wordcloud out of all these tweets. Examples below:
Wordcloud for #statistics
Wordcloude for #bigdata